STRONG GIRLS TEAMS
Through physical activity, sports, mindfulness, and positive education curriculum, Strong Girls teaches girls how to build their strong bodies and tap into their kind hearts, and their unstoppable minds.
OUR PROGRAMS ARE DESIGNED TO:
- Teach lifelong habits and fun with physical activity.
- Develop and increase self-confidence.
- Increase motivation to participate in sports and/or fitness activities.
- Increase curiosity to try new sports.
- Create the space for all girls to feel they are part of a team. OUR TEAM!
- Have an inclusive and supportive environment designed for girls to try new things, fail, make mistakes, work hard, get out of their comfort zones, and be good teammates.
- Teach girls intentional lessons around mindfulness, nerves, failure, growth mindset, compassion, gratitude, and other sport and positive psychology topics.
- Provide an opportunity for young women to give back to their communities and practice their own leadership.
- Provide mentoring relationships between younger girls and older female role model coaches.
- Foster relationships between young girls and university student-athletes, driving up attendance at women's sporting events.
- Expose young women to the experience of coaching, keeping more of them in the game for longer and in the field.
WHAT YOU NEED:
A CARING COACH
A volunteer parent or teacher or a high school or college student-athlete who can bring enthusiasm and a caring, positive attitude. You do not need to be an expert!
Many programs run on average for a 6-8 week session. But curriculum will be designed for whatever the needs are of the community. The coaches arrange the dates/day/time that work for them.
In-person programs typically use an outdoor field or court or the school gymnasium. However, programs have also run in classrooms, hallway spaces, and libraries.
Programs typically cost $95-$150 per participant for one 6-8 week session or $1500 per program. This includes all of the materials and team gear for 12-16 girls. You can run the program so that families register and pay for their child, you can apply for a school grant to offer the program for free, or we can help fundraise.
LEAVE THE REST UP TO US
We provide coaching support, lesson plans, books, t-shirts, stickers, and more swag for all participants.
Lesson plans are detailed for every week.
Each lesson includes:
➤ A new mindfulness practice to start every class
➤ Warmup, mobility, and fitness activities specific for girls and their growing bodies
➤ Activities from a new sport each week
➤ A positive education topic to explore with activities from the book, A Strong Girls’ Guide to Being.
Launching in 2023 we have curriculum designed for Elementary School as well as curriculum for Middle School!
ONCE A STRONG GIRL, ALWAYS A STRONG GIRL
Once you’re part of Strong Girls United you are always part of Strong Girls United. There will be alumni events, opportunities to volunteer coach programs, and eventually we hope alumni will start their own programs as well! Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter below to stay up to date with new events and programs in your area.
FOLLOW US @STRONGGIRLSUNITED